Friday, December 4, 2009

Mother of the Year

Last night I decided to make my Lime Buttered Salmon. I love eating my salmon with brussel sprouts so that's exactly what I did. In fact, I love making brussel sprouts with just about everything. It has become my favorite side vegi, and my kids too. Yep, that's right. I remember the first time I served it to them, the look in their eyes were like, "ya right mom, your kidding me right?!". After a little bribing they finally tried them and loved them! I knew they would. (and yes, for a moment I did feel like Mother of the Year). The reason for this is because they are not steamed but instead roasted. So long are the days of steamed brussel sprouts that have a nasty bitter taste to them. And hello roasted perfection.

Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Garlic and Lemon

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

1lb brussel sprouts
1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil
salt
pepper
garlic powder or 1 clove of fresh garlic, minced
1/2 lemon

Half the brussel sprouts and place in a bowl. Mix sprouts with olive oil then lay them evenly on a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper.

Cook for 10 minutes, stir and then sprinkle with galic. Place back in oven for an additional 5 to 10 minutes until tender and leaves start to brown.

Remove from oven and squeeze lemon over the top. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Mama Rovida said...

I love your blog! I am getting so many good ideas. Thanks Lindsey!

Lindsey said...

Thank you for your comments! :)

Cake eat easy said...

I love your blog!!!! Now I have it with me and I will make sure to keep all this delicious recipes!
What about that salad that you mentioned another day? You should show it here!!!!